Thursday, July 21, 2011

The CM Punk's invasion of Comic Con 2011

For those who haven't seen the video I linked below so you know what I'm talking about.

To be completely honest I'm not into Comic Con nor could I tell you exactly what they do there. All I know is that they talk about comic books and they show the new action figures coming out during it. So it was kind of a given WWE would be there since they have new action figures out but I couldn't tell you exactly what the meaning of it was. The 2:52 video shows CM Punk and his megaphone walking into a press conference full of WWE fans and personnel along with Triple H who as of Monday 'took over Mr. McMahon's job as chairman. Being the outspoken person he is he starts asking questions about Zack Ryder being on TV (which we don't get an answer about for some reason) and he also kind of challenges Triple H to a match in Chicago. At the very end he says they could call him about it and he was sure that Stephanie had his number (For those who don't know that's Triple H's wife.) and walks out with the WWE championship belt and the crowd cheers "CM Punk".

Now first let me say that I think this whole CM Punk story line is something of pure genius. I follow a lot of WWE fans on Twitter and I can tell you right now I have never seen so many people excited for a pay-per-view like they were for Money in the Bank. Even if you're not a CM Punk fan and you're part of the CeNation, you were excited to see what the outcome would be for the match. After countless pay-per-views that were not only predictable but just flat out not entertaining Money in the Bank was, in my opinion and I think many would agree with me, better than Wrestlemaina 27. And I truly hate Cena's character but even if CM Punk lost, I would still have to tell you it was a hell of a match. There were some parts that you kind of felt like no one would win. They not only sold the match wonderfully, they delivered on a main event and it's something the WWE hasn't done in a long time.

So you could imagine how excited everyone got once the video of CM Punk's Comic Con invasion was uploaded on YouTube this afternoon. He gave us the same outspoken speeches and asked the un-askable questions that I couldn't see any other superstar asking other than maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin. You could tell by the CM Punk shirts by the people in the audience WWE fans haven't given up on the fact he might or should come back. Even though I myself do not believe CM Punk is really not wanted in the WWE and I also don't believe Mr. McMahon has left the company I really hope he hasn't. John Cena has been 'the name and face of the *PG* WWE' for quite some time now. Yes, fans do buy his shirts and you better believe next Monday night there will be CeNation signs all over the arena and once he steps out of the back the fans will cheer him as loud as or maybe even louder than they did last week. But, the company can only survive on one superstar for so long before people will get tired of being fed the same things every week. CM Punk was and still is a breath of fresh air and brought honesty to RAW.

Comic Con was a way for the WWE to not only have people by merchandise by the hundreds of dollars but also a way for them to continue the storyline from Money in the Bank and last Monday night's RAW. Punk failed to show up last week but having him at Comic Con will only cause a bigger demand to see the unemployed wrestler on next weeks' episode. This was a great way to further the angle and maybe even bring Triple-H into the story.

In my opinion I think this was a really great move even if it wasn’t planned and he really did just show up. But honestly every time he shows up to an event or a show you know something memorable is going to happen during it. I only hope that the WWE doesn’t stop with this and when they do decide it’s gone on too long brings it to an end. Unlike the Lawler/Cole thing that I think we can all agree went on way too long and overshadowed more deserving matches at the grandest stage of them all. Within the past few weeks CM Punk has gone from a heel to really turning half of the CeNation to a Punk fan, shown he is not only great on the microphone but also can give us amazing matches during a high intensity situation and he can also do whatever he wants. I mean I’m sure we can still remember watching the first speech he shot a few weeks ago and we asked ourselves if it was real or not. That’s how you know the man can sell a promo. We can only hope that if in fact CM Punk is not really fired he will stay around for another year or two before he finally does call it quits. And who knows, since Triple H is ‘in charge now’ maybe we’ll even cut the PG thing out and go back to the WWE we know and love.



So my questions to you are; do you like CM Punk? Did you think the Comic Con stunt was good or bad? And do you want Punk to stay around for a few more months, years or maybe for the rest of his life? Leave everything down below because I’d love to read them.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment